Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When It Changed

I wonder what the tragedy that happened thirty generations ago was. I was also thinking about the radiation and drug problems and how they affected the genes of the people. Also, I do not understand how the people of Whileaway reproduce, since all the men died six generations ago. The narrator explains "the word [men] had not had a meaning on Whileaway for six centuries." Are the women kind of like the people on Gethen?

What does the quote, "Humanity is unnatural. Seals are harem animals and so are men; apes are promiscuous and so are men; there are even celibate men and homosexual men. There are homosexual cows, I believe. But Whileaway is still missing something" mean? I was thinking that there is so many things that humans have, but there is still something that the population is missing. I wonder what the man is really trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment