Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Handmaid's Tale Blog #2

It is interesting how the Commander breaks so many rules when he is supposed to enforce them. He has Offred go to his room, lets her play scrabble with him, and has an affair with her. All of these actions are illegal, but he keeps inviting her to come over. I do not know why he does this because he already has a wife. I wonder what will happen if they get caught.

I think if I were one of the Handmaids, I might have done something like what Moira did - escape the life of a handmaid. I would not be able to stand what they go through everyday. It seems so boring that doing anything would be better than the daily routine. Although with what is going on outside of their community (the war), this might not be the best course of action, but it definitely is a good possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment