Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Handmaid's Tale Blog #7

After finishing this book, I thought that it was good, but it definitely wasn't the best science fiction book that I read. First of all, I didn't really like how ending left me hanging. I wanted to know exactly what happened after reading the whole book. I thought the book, however, had a really interesting idea with the handmaids, Marthas, etc.



I thought The Left Hand of Darkness was better than The Handmaid's Tale. Like The Handmaid's Tale, The Left Hand of Darkness was a bit slow in the beginning, but there were a lot more twists in The Left Hand of Darkness, and I liked the plot in The Left Hand more. Genly's adventures at Gethen were definitely much more exciting than Offred's boring life in the Gilead. I liked reading about Genly and Estraven's journey across the ice. Overall, I think The Left Hand is more interesting than The Handmaids' Tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment